watch for update for National Standard 10 guidelines - Maguson Stevens Act, + open comment period..

NOAA Fisheries Service published an Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPR) to revise the National Standard 10 guidelines on April 21, 2011, with a comment period that ended on July 20, 2011.  Public comments on the National Standard 10 ANPR can be viewed on the Federal e-rulemaking portal:  www.regulations.gov.  To view the comments that we received, enter "NOAA-NMFS-2011-0068" in the box that reads "Enter keyword or ID" on the website www.regulations.gov.

We are reviewing all of the comments that we received and plan to propose draft revisions to the National Standard 10 guidelines and will hold another public comment period.  I will let you know when we publish the proposed revisions to the guidelines.

Thank you for your interest in National Standard 10.
Deb Lambert

Debra M. Lambert
NOAA Fisheries Service
Office of Sustainable Fisheries