please support Jeff`s petition repealing Monsanto Protection Act. Thursday, Sen. Merkley was blocked from introducing his amendment for a vote by Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt ...

please if have difficulty signing petitions, try another or come back to Senator Jeff Merkley`s web page, for we need to stay with this process as it unfolds.

                               please take a review of this Monsanto Protection Act;

                                              www.merkley.senate.gov/

                           http://www.jeffmerkley.com/petition/monsanto-repeal/

                           http://act.credoaction.com/sign/monsanto_protection_act/?sp_ref=1364334.4.125.f.542.2&source=fb_share_sp

http://mgx.com/blogs/2013/05/20/end-the-dictatorship-senator-merkley-leads-call-to-repeal-monsanto-giveaway/comment-page-1/#comment-2856

  Farmers deserve the best US Farm Bill!

                           http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr933/text

                           http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/20/monsanto-protection-act-merkley_n_3304530.html

                           http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/29/cg.02.html

                           http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating/blogs/jon-stewart-explains-the-monsanto-protection-act

                          http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/apr/05/facebook-posts/group-says-monsanto-law-skirts-courts-requires-app/

Credo Action states + Note SALON`S update;

Incredibly, in the last 72 hours nearly 140,000 people have joined us and signed the petition to repeal the Monsanto Protection Act.(SALON says; Since the act’s passing, more than 250,000 people have signed a petition opposing the provision and a rally, consisting largely of farmers organized by the Food Democracy Now network, protested outside the White House Wednesday. Not only has anger been directed at the Monsanto Protection Act’s content, but the way in which the provision was passed through Congress without appropriate review by the Agricultural or Judiciary Committees. The biotech rider instead was introduced anonymously as the larger bill progressed — little wonder food activists are accusing lobbyists and Congress members of backroom dealings.

The Food Democracy Now and the Center for Food Safety are directing blame at the Senate Appropriations Committee and its chairman, Sen. Barbara Mikulski, D-Md. According to reports, many members of Congress were apparently unaware that the “Monsanto Protection Act” even existed within the spending bill, HR 933; they voted in order to avert a government shutdown.) end Salon, see their link below for more.

But on Thursday, Sen. Merkley was blocked from introducing his amendment for a vote by Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt (who has taken over $168,000 in campaign contributions from Monsanto.1)

    1. Monsanto donations to Sen. Blunt's Campaign Committee and Leadership PAC, 2012, 2010 and 2008, Center for Responsive Politics. see the campaign funds given to Blunt;

  http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib.php?type=C&cid=n00005195&newMem=N&cycle=2012

We'll have another chance when the Senate resumes debate of the Farm Bill after next week's recess, but if we want to repeal the Monsanto Protection Act, we're going to have to turn up the pressure.

MoveOn.org is asking for donations;

Last year, Monsanto spent nearly $6 million on lobbying, and their payoff was the "Monsanto Protection Act," which was written anonymously, passed in secret, and allows Monsanto to keep selling genetically engineered seeds even if a federal court says they may pose a health risk.1

Now, Monsanto has sneaked an amendment into the farm bill that would block GMO labeling laws moving forward in states like Vermont and Connecticut.2

This time, Monsanto may have gone too far. A massive backlash is growing against the Monsanto Protection Act, and Senator Jeff Merkley is demanding a floor vote to repeal it.

We can beat Monsanto, but we don't have much time to get organized, because the farm bill has already passed the House and is being debated in the Senate right now. Can you chip in $5 to help MoveOn members fight back against Monsanto?

We know that we'll never be able to outspend Monsanto, but with your help we can out-organize them with smart, well-timed, targeted campaigning. Together, we can take on Monsanto by:
• Supporting campaigns all over the country led by MoveOn members targeting their members of Congress, asking them to stand up to Monsanto's influence.
• Providing financial support for flyers, rallies, transportation and the other crucial nuts and bolts necessary to run a strong campaign.
• Calling out key members of Congress who are supporting Monsanto over the public interest and making sure the public knows whose side they're on

Sources from MoveOn;

1. "Lobbying Spending Database—Monsanto Co, 2013," OpenSecrets.org, accessed May 21, 2013
http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/clientsum.php?id=D000000055

"How the Monsanto Protection Act snuck into law," Salon, March 27, 2013
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=290195&id=68363-23294226-UX9SZHx&t=4

2. "'Monsanto Protection Act 2.0′ Would Ban GMO-Labeling Laws At State Level," International Business Times, May 20, 2013
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=290225&id=68363-23294226-UX9SZHx&t=5

we can grow our own local natural food collectively. this is really bizarre;

       http://steveking.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4581:kings-two-amendments-included-in-farm-bill-&catid=71:press-releases&Itemid=300164&Itemid=300099

http://www.globalresearch.ca/illinois-illegally-seizes-bees-resistant-to-monsantos-roundup-kills-remaining-queens/5336210

   lets stay with this + resolve one step at a time. then lets not stop here, rather lets efficiently change all the other waste/misunderstandings that continues as threads are worn torn, that supports war mode + false green economies, that interfere in simple respect for all life...

1 Comment

Peace is real! Peace is real!

Re: please support Jeff`s petition repealing Monsanto Protection Act. Thursday, Sen. Merkley was blocked from introducing his amendment for a vote by Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt ...

thank you Jeff,

keep up the good work!

Kara,

With your support, our campaign to repeal the Monsanto Protection Act is being heard loud and clear in Washington. Over 226,448 people have now signed on to our growing grassroots movement, including over 78,342 via MoveOn.org.

Tonight, the Farm Bill passed the U.S. Senate.  It does many good and important things.  In fact, nearly 80% of the funds - $760 billion over 10 years - will provide food assistance for needy families.

And we also made important progress in our fight to roll back the Monsanto Protection Act. Senator Debbie Stabenow, chair of the Agriculture Committee, has made a personal commitment to me - speaking for the record on the Senate floor.  The Monsanto Protection Act expires at the end of September. Chairman Stabenow agreed to oppose any effort to extend it in the farm bill conference report or this year's appropriations bills.

This is important, because the House has yet to take up the Farm Bill and you'd better believe that Monsanto's allies in the House will not only defend it, but will work to extend and expand the Monsanto Protection Act.

In other words, we've won a critical battle in the fight against the Monsanto Protection Act -- but our fight isn't over.

I can't express to you how grateful I am for your support.  This victory belongs to you.  And while we take a small measure of satisfaction today, know that tomorrow, we'll get back in the trenches and keep up the fight.

Onward,
Senator Jeff Merkley

                     Peace is an option if we share it,
            `patches + `pockets everywhere are linking,
good folks are building this network along with their community's
                                       eye to eye...
  Join in and let's keep Nabble as a great tool to help all organize
 and link getting real needs met and offerings shared!

   We are transitioning w/your critical thinking using common sense;

       Prioritizing ridding toxic-resolving, w/all to restore healthy working communities locally and afar! Our virtual platform is free to all, as we create together an intro explaining, an archive and message board here on Nabble for education, for you to create with that also makes nice tourism and peace plan  for all to explore, as we save all life on earth and celebrate while doing it!!

 Thank you Nabble and Google, for sharing Humanity's solutions locally and afar to all earthlings!! We welcome you as we transition both sites!

                                      Nabble site;

    http://i-come-to-talk-story-welcomes-all-as-we-appreciate-the-many-sk.22.s1.nabble.com/

                            Google site, under construction!

         Please Donate if have to give, to our US 501.c3 Nonprofit Charitable Association; Label Donation. If want a tax receipt, please give us
                         your info and we will send you one;

            Email kara; farmwuwei@gmail.com

     If I can answer more, or you want to correct us or gather a group until we complete this, for further understanding, young or old, please do!

                           Thank you, for making a difference!
                              Love us at `i come to talk story