in solidarity we can go beyond + create a self that accepts nothing less than harmony, which we can achieve most efficiently, if we prioritize our local food natural sovereignty, as we link + reflect globally...

Folks, as I reach out to legislators locally + afar, along with President Barack Obama + Secretary Ban Ki-Moon,

 I ask all of you to self-observe + it is this moment of time to dig deep + help us reduce this present footprint, derived from the disassociated energy that we all have taken part in to create.

   this is an energy we can harness now + redirect this powerful force, to no longer allow anything to interfere in our ability to self-sustain. collectively every local community deserves to efficiently focus direct it`s natural enhanced potential + share with us in a global platform that we can create, + I offer ours at soon to be ictts.org.

  + let Prof Miguel Altieri share his version of natural enhanced potential as he creates curriculum of agro_ecology from indigenous now working productively out in the world, yet leaves no ill toxic effects, yet has similar yields of those that do.

I quote Miguel Altieri, `we can relink the social system to the ecological system to allow for local co_evolution, end quote.

   we can set a global platform to share, reflect + hold our self + others accountable locally + afar, for many good solutions are abundant in patches, that we can link with the pockets without, from those sensitively working the land/sea + fresh water;

   we all need to take part for our good health + for the health of those unable, as well the health of our natural wild biomes to prevent our disease, help grow our food + medicine, keeping the pests in check.

   please note people that focus direct on our local collective effort to grow natural food, make farm bill reforms to prioritize our local food sovereignty in every global community, can resolve our many issues. + are just as important as any other professional entity everywhere.

   this is our human right to have natural grown local food, not preserved, toxic grown traveled around the planet, depleting are ecosystems, making all life more extinct or with ill health.

   we should not have to differentiate equality like this + segregate producing yet more layers. rather we should make policy to include them with respect that all deserve + make it so people no longer can run to another area on this planet + get away with abuse/misuse as the land/water/sea grabs continue.

   as people grow our food + sustain human existence, not to mention keep our biological diversity in check, to sustain all species we as the human species are interdependent on, can then only co_evolve + maintain good health.

so please do what you do to go beyond these measures + realize without this skilled art of sensitive people making an industry to preserve our wild, we will continue on the path of ill health + premature death.

I ask you all to please do what you can now to give support in solidarity to provide tools to build local food sovereignty in every global community. + we can do this by merging our project ictts.org in the building to allow La Via Campesina/Nyeleni to lead this path + focus direct with us along with the young + old in every community as we reach out in a virtual school/community project.

our combined` effect makes a difference.. we have solutions now if you support us all to merge, + it can be very productive for locals now to sustain locals with healthy natural food markets + reach out, vs. having to give from afar, especially as the present means of Free trade are not free, rather they have interfered in the ability for many local folk`s ability to self-sustain...

thank you! kara j Lincoln

please see;
Press release - La Via Campesina
UN holds the first Intergovernmental Working Group on the Rights of Peasants

(Jakarta, 13 July 2013) The international peasant's movement La Via Campesina will be attending the upcoming United Nations Intergovernmental Working Group on the human rights of peasants held in Geneva from 15 to 19 July 2013. La Via Campesina and other social movements took the initiative to promote the rights of peasants in the United Nations in 2001 because of peasants’ long history of discrimination and violations of their basic rights. The international peasant's movement has continued to pursue the recognition and further protection of those rights until it was formally recognised and admitted by the UN Human Rights Council during the course of 2008-2012.

A highly significant Resolution of the UN Human Rights Council in 2012 (A/HRC/RES/21/19) stipulated the process to discuss a new instrument for the rights of the world’s estimated 1.2 billion peasants and other people working in rural areas. The Resolution is crucial in light of peasants’ key role for food production — and also in the wake of contemporary challenges such as growing conflicts and grabbings over land and water, and also price of food and climate crises.

The Resolution also established the process of an Intergovernmental Working Group (IWG) on the human rights of peasants. The IWG was established to take the initiative of the Rights of Peasants further. This will urge national governments to establish substantial mechanisms and programmes, and to establish cooperation among national governments in the international sphere.

La Via Campesina urges all farmers and civil society organisations to join the efforts to make the human rights of peasants a reality. This will also need lobbying work to convince delegates of governments to step up in this matter (of UN member states).

We are calling our members to support the process and to push governments to realise a new international human rights legal instrument for peasants and other people working in rural areas. Peasants' rights and, moreover, food sovereignty need to be realised together!

 On the issue of peasant's rights and repression: read the Nyeleni Newsletter!
Read UN Documents on the rights of peasants

1. Preliminary study of the Human Rights Council Advisory Committee on the advancement of the rights of peasants and other people working in rural areas - A/HRC/16/63 (download here in EN, ES, FR)

2. Final study of the Human Rights Council Advisory Committee on the advancement of the rights of peasants and other people working in rural areas - A/HRC/19/75 (download here in EN, ES, FR)

3. UN resolution on Promotion and protection of the human rights of peasants and other people working in rural areas - A/HRC/RES/21/19 (download here in EN, ES, FR)

4. Please check official information, Resolutions, studies related to the upcoming UN Intergovernmental Working Group on the human rights of peasants (15-19 July 2013) by following this link (available in English, Spanish and French): http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/RuralAreas/Pages/FirstSession.aspx

For more information: Mohammed Ikhwan <m.ikhwan@spi.or.id>
--
La Via Campesina
 Via Campesina is an international movement of peasants, small- and medium-sized producers, landless, rural women, indigenous people, rural youth and agricultural workers. We are an autonomous, pluralist and multicultural movement, independent of any political, economic, or other type of affiliation. Born in 1993, La Via Campesina now gathers about 183 organisations in 88 countries in Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Americas.

Follow us on facebook | twitter | vimeo
  Siganos en facebook | twitter | vimeo
  Suivez nous sur facebook | twitter | vimeo

International Operational Secretariat:

Jln. Mampang Prapatan XIV no 5 Jakarta Selatan, Jakarta 12790 Indonesia

Tel/fax: +62-21-7991890/+62-21-7993426

Email: viacampesina@viacampesina.org