Please Help Sport Chek Understand They Should Remove Fur From its Shelves..

https://www.change.org/p/robert-conway-demand-sport-chek-remove-fur-from-its-shelves?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=link

Petitioning Sport Chek
DEMAND Sport Chek Remove Fur From its Shelves
Victoria Kaulback Hamilton, Canada

After announcing last year that fur would be completely removed from their shelves, Sport Chek is now introducing a line of outerwear, Woods, which uses REAL fox fur, rabbit fur, and goose feathers. These products are already available on sportchek.ca and in select Sport Chek stores.

In 2016, Sport Chek made this statement to the Fur-Bearers:

"We're continuously evaluating the types of products we carry in our stores across Canada to bring our customers what they need to support their healthy, active lifestyle. We are managing through our remaining inventory but at this time, we do not have plans to add anymore animal fur trimmed products to our inventory at Sport Chek and Atmosphere locations."

Why is Sport Chek supporting animal cruelty once again?

End Fur Farming explains:

"Fur factory farms resemble puppy mill style operations where animals are forced to live in restrictive wire cages stacked side by side.

Animals like mink & fox never touch the ground and are inhumanely killed by electrocution and suffocation.

Long periods of inactivity and lack of stimulation lead to frustration, distress, and abnormal repetitive behaviour such as pacing, cage biting, self-mutilation and physical deformities.

Animals are forced to breathe toxic fumes from their own urine and feces causing respiratory problems and eye infections.

Many countries have already made fur farming illegal."

LET'S MAKE FUR HISTORY.

DEMAND SPORT CHEK REMOVE FUR FROM ITS SHELVES AND COMMIT TO NEVER BRINGING IT BACK!

Photo courtesy of Jo-Anne McArthur

This petition will be delivered to:
Sport Chek
Read the letter