Lets stay on top of Protecting Net Neutrality w/legislators..

I share from Senator Ron Wyden;

  Dear Ms. J Lincoln:

Thank you for contacting me about net neutrality. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

For twenty years, I have been fighting to preserve a free and open Internet. I have championed legislation and filed comments with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to protect net neutrality--the freedom to compete online--by prohibiting network operators from favoring certain content over others on the internet. Without protections in place, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are prone to act as gatekeepers of the internet, controlling internet access by charging for fast lanes - paid prioritization - thereby limiting opportunities for innovation, speech, and commerce to those who are put in the slow lane. In my view, the only way that the potential of the internet can be fully tapped and utilized is by ensuring that one form of content is not provided a preference by the ISPs over another form of content.

As you know, on December 14, Donald Trump's FCC made the shortsighted and misguided decision to undo real net neutrality. This catastrophic decision unwrapped an early Christmas present for Big Cable, allowing them to charge consumers and content creators for preferential treatment online. I believe the Open Internet Order, or protections from Title II of the Communications Act, gives the FCC the best authority to ensure a free and open internet, and I oppose this harmful decision by the FCC. Along with that, on the same day, I announced my plan to introduce a Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolution that would undo the historically awful decision by the FCC and restore the 2015 net neutrality rules that ensure real net neutrality.

Please rest assured, I will use every tool at my disposal and continue to fight for a free and open internet. Thank you again for writing to me on this very important issue, and rest assured that I will not stop fighting for net neutrality.

                                                Sincerely,

                                                Ron Wyden

                                                United States Senator