International Agrobiodiversity Symposium 6.22-6.24.2020

Please note I respect SOCLA, and they welcome all to join in their International Symposium and please share!

 Dear all:

We are pleased to inform the realization of the International Seminar "Agrobiodiversity: geographies, subjects and governments of the common goods in the reconstitution of food systems for Living Well" from June 22 to 24, 2020 http://soclaglobal.com/posts/7 . The seminar is an event convened by the JAINA Study Community, within the framework of the activities of the project "Assessment of agrobiodiversity to reconstitute healthy food", supported by GIZ in Bolivia. This initiative has been coordinated and developed through collaborative work involving different institutions, organizations and academics from different countries of the American continent, through an organizing committee made up of JAINA, SOCLA, CLACSO and the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation.

The objective of the event is to deepen the analysis and knowledge, from different approaches and research experiences, for the comprehensive assessment of agrobiodiversity based on a biocultural, agro-ecological, political and geographic approach, in such a way that it places food and agrobiodiversity as goods common in the construction of alternatives of restitution and reconstitution of Living Well. In this perspective, the program of the seminar https://bit.ly/2Bmfgn4 is very rich in diversity of speakers and approaches. We invite you to be part of it by registering for free from http://bit.ly/2ARUD2e . In particular, we invite you to join the tables in which SOCLA members participate:

INAUGURAL TABLE - Monday, June 22, 2020 (from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Bolivian time), with the participation of Santiago Sarandón (President of SOCLA, Argentina) and Georgina Catacora-Vargas (Vice-President of SOCLA, Bolivia).

TABLE 1 - Tuesday, June 23, 2020 (from 09:00 to 12:00 Bolivian time), in which they will present Gloria Zuluaga (National University of Colombia / SOCLA, Colombia) and Helda Morales (The College of the Southern Border / SOCLA . Mexico).

TABLE 2 - Tuesday, June 23, 2020 (from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Boliva time), with a presentation by Georgina Catacora-Vargas (Vice President of SOCL, Bolivia)).

TABLE 3 - Wednesday, June 24, 2020 (from 09:00 to 12:00 Bolivia time) that includes Peter Gerritsen (University of Guadalajara / SOCLA, Mexico).

We encourage your participation and appreciate the dissemination of the event.

Cordially,

SOCLA Board of Directors

SOCLA Secretariat
https://soclaglobal.com/