24 hour Block Party #157 starts at 7 a.m. pst 12.15.23, join in, share to save life! Thanks to Jamen Shively

24 hour Block Party #157 starts at 7 a.m. Pacific tomorrow Friday, & The Start is Near podcast starts at 12 noon Pacific
External
Inbox

Jamen W Shively
Thu, Dec 14, 6:17 PM (16 hours ago)
to Jamen, bcc: me

Dear Friends and Family,

Welcome back to The Block Party!

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/595172819

Here is a 6 minute introductory / welcome video inviting you to join us, and sharing a bit about what we will be doing (we recorded this video two weeks ago and included it in last week's mailing):

https://youtu.be/kMuuUillKss

Here is a recording of the first ever episode of "The Start is Near" podcast which we recorded and broadcast at the last Block Party #156, on Friday Dec 8:

https://youtu.be/vie5HjIZggk

Tomorrow we will broadcast and record the second episode of "The Start is Near" podcast, same time as always, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Pacific time -- please see the Agenda below for more details.

And here is a recording of the Twitter Spaces event Mike Hillcoat hosted today, on the topic of "Vulcan Mind Meld:  Collective Superintelligence w/ @jamenshively" :

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1kvKpvzyRYwJE

The basic format of the Block Party will remain the same for the entire 24 hours (everyone is welcome, come and go as you please, no you don't have to stay for all 24 hours, etc.), however there is one important wrinkle:  From 12 to 2 p.m. Pacific time, we will be broadcasting live the now weekly The Start is Near podcast, and we will have a separate "viewing and commenting room" for folks to watch the podcast together, and chat among themselves while they do.

And as you heard / will hear in the above 6 minute video, Marco will be there pretty much the entire time hosting the Block Party, and I (Jamen) will be there as much as I can (my life is still quite busy, and I look forward to being back on the Block Party much more intensively in the coming months).  I will CERTAINLY be there for the Start is Near Podcast, during which Bret, Gavin, Marco, Mike, Victor and Jamen will be talking and broadcasting through a number of channels, and interviewing specific folks at different times during the 2 hours of the podcast.

Please see below for the full agenda.

I am very excited to welcome all of the new folks who will be participating in the Block Party tomorrow.  It will be super awesome, guaranteed.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Love to all,

Jamen

Agenda

Agenda (all times Pacific Standard Time)

7 a.m. to 12 noon Pacific:  Groping for Utopia

An open conversation about the future of Planet Earth, what we want that to look like, and how we would like to “get there from here”.

Note:  This is “warmup” for the next segment, the Start is Near podcast.

12 noon to 2 p.m.:  The Start is Near Podcast

Based on Block Party #155 (please see Agenda for that 12/1/23 Block Party below, as it is very relevant to this), we determined, to everyone’s delight, that the time is NOW for collective super intelligence (CSI) to take off exponentially.

In this podcast, which will happen every week until complete victory is achieved, we will explore the following topics, among other related topics:

What is CSI?

Why CSI?

Why nothing else can substitute for CSI

The inclusion of AI within CSI

Any perceived competition between AI and CSI will be addressed

CSI and the world’s problems (including but not limited to the set of “wicked mega-problems” constituting the planetary “poly-crisis”)

How we envision CSI taking off exponentially from here (from flatline to knee to vertical)

A discussion about all the individuals and groups we will be inviting to participate in the podcast going forward.

***

Operationally, a handful of us are going to be broadcasting the podcast, and everyone else is welcome to listen in live, and submit questions and comments via email to jamenshively@gmail.com, among other channels which we will share during the Block Party.  We will be broadcasting via a breakout room, and those who wish to watch the podcast live, and chat about it with other interesting viewers, can do so from the main zoom room.

***

2 p.m. to 6 p.m.:  Afterglow

During this 4 hour segment, we will all be “back in the main room” of the Block Party — however many of us that turns out to be,

dozens to hundreds welcome simultaneously (we may open up breakout rooms if need be), and we will basically be building on the

great stuff discussed and explored during the previous two segments (the previous 7 hours of the Block Party).

6 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday:  The Magic Idea Factory

This is a continuation of the preceding three segments — it’s all “one whole” after all — and is much more casual than the preceding segments

(as if the preceding segments were not casual enough!)

******

From the emailing for Block Party #155, held on December 1, 2023

How will we all co-create the next phase of the Block Parties?  What sort of weekly agenda will we co-create?  And how about special monthly events within those weekly agendas?

To what extent, and subject to what criteria will we invite guest speakers, and “guest communities” to join the Block Party for specific topics, similar to Humanity Rising?

To what extent will we focus on Collective Intelligence, as a family of topics, practices, and world-transforming vision?  And what IS that vision?  (answer:  we will co-create it)

How do we envision planetary Collective Intelligence evolving over the coming months and years?  What role would we like for the Block Party to play within this broader evolution?

(the original inspiration for the collective intelligence Block Party, going back to February 2020, was this:  there are so many diverse groups around the world studying, practicing, and pioneering collective intelligence, that it seemed necessary that humanity should create a space/venue/recurring event for all such groups to come together to get to know each other, cross-pollinate, and ultimately co-create a “whole” vastly greater than the sum of its parts).

Beyond taking on “the usual suspects” of the world’s mega-problems (the “poly-crisis” as many are calling it) individually – global warming, destruction of the biosphere, mass extinction, war beckoning for WWIII, totalitarianism, censorship, genocide, hunger & poverty, etc. — what visions are emerging for collective intelligence to take on all of these mega-problems holistically?

What are the relationships between community and collective intelligence?  For example, one hypothesis for the evolution and emergence of planetary collective superintelligence is that myriad communities, each practicing their own flavor of collective intelligence, will somehow come together — two by two, ten by ten, all by all . . . — and start to form a primordial “greater than the sum of its parts” agglomeration of the specific community-wise collective intelligences.  By analogy, the various lobes of the human brain, working together in a tightly integrated form, constitute a vastly more powerful intelligence than the sum of the intelligences of the individual lobes in relative isolation from each other (whatever that would look like)

Anyway, you get the idea ;-)